Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Finger Painting

I was planning for finger painting for quite sometime as Dheekshu loves to paint her body. I got a receipe for preparing finger paint.

4 tbs of all purpose flour
2 tbs of cold water
1 cup of boiling water
Tempera paint.

I substitued Corn starch with 2 times all purpose flour and food colouring with tempera paint.
Dissolve all purpose flour with cold water to make a paste. Then add boiling water to the mixure. Then add the paint according to the colour required.

I made Dheekshu to pour paint and mix. She loved the colour transistion from Red to Pink. She was saying the red colour turned into orange before becoming pink. She wanted to have pink colour and so we stopped adding more paint.


I gave different variety of paper like - Aluminum Foil, computer paper, construction paper in different colours, newspaper etc..Seeing the mess created I moved the activity to outdoor.

Once she lost interest, I poured the paint to a squeeze bottle (old body wash bottle). She did not like that as she had to apply more pressure to make the paint come out.
Seeing the mess at the end, I was very gald that I moved the activity outdoor. It was a fun activity for more than 45 mins.

4 comments:

  1. தீக்சு குட்டி எப்புடி இருக்கீங்க.
    டமில் வராதா
    முயற்சி செய்ங்க

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment...Learning to type in Tamil. Hope to start posting in Tamil soon.

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Web Hosting Bluehost